General questions about Massed Compute and its services
What timezone is my rental in?
Central Timezone (GMT -0600)
Where do I get instructions for my rental?
Once you have completed the checkout process, an email will be sent to you with information on how to access your virtual machine.
My rental period is coming to an end, how can I extend it?
If you wish to extend your rental please email us: [email protected] or join our Discord
How to contact for general questions?
Quickest way would be to join our Discord. You can also email us at [email protected]
-Using the Virtual Machine-
How do I access my virtual machine?
There are two ways to access your virtual machine once you have the login credentials
- Through the browse
- In your reservation confirmation email, there will be a link to an IP address. Clicking on that link will open a new tab in your browser where you can provide the login credentials from your confirmation email to log in to the virtual machine.
- With Thinlinc Client
- We utilize Thinlinc to allow you to remotely access your virtual machine. They offer desktop clients for Mac, Windows, and Linux. You can download this client here:
https://www.cendio.com/thinlinc/download/. Once you have downloaded the client use the login credentials provided in your reservation confirmation email.
- When using the Thinlinc client make sure to remove the 'https://' and the ':port_id' from the IP address to use as the Server value
Connecting local file storage to the Virtual Machine
This can only be done using the Thinlinc client.
- Open the Thinlinc client and select the 'Options...' button.
- Select 'Local Devices' from the top navigation.
- Check the box next to 'Drives'.
- To select the specific folders you want to map select the 'Details' button next to the Drives.
- In that new pop up add the file location of the folder you want to share with the virtual machine.
- Login to the Virtual Machine open your terminal and run 'df -h'. You should see a line that maps your local file to a file in the Virtual Machine. If you do not see this in the terminal, hit the main menu and logout from the VM and log back in.
- Open that folder in the VM and drag all the files you want into the VM